Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Inspiration

I am so excited! I have friends who just had a baby boy and I was going to be making a quilt for them. I have to say I am grateful to people who choose to find out what they are going to have, even if I did not. It makes it so much easier to plan a quilt. I was going to make a rail fence quilt similar to this one that I had previously made for a friend's grandson, quilted by Tammy.


I had cut out the strips but something just did not feel right. I had thought about making a row quilt but then today I saw AmandaJean's posting about the zigzag quilt. I had my aha moment. My strips are 2 1/2 inches so it will be a bit smaller but I had bought a really cute Paddington Bear Border so I will still use it to make it a bit bigger. Thank you to all of the bloggers who provide me with inspiration.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute quilt! I'm excited to see your zig-zag :)