Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rainbow Quilt


This is a Rainbow Quilt I made for my son last summer for his birthday. It is from one of M'liss Rae Hawley's booksI call it the Reading Rainbow Jungle Quilt. It is hard to see in this picture, but the border has animals reading and the bus has Library written on the side. Mr. G. helped me decide the colours for the quilt. The inner border is one of my most favourite fabrics. It was hard to cut, but I am very happy that it cut to be used in my son's quilt. I had Tammy quilt if for me. I find that having someone quilt for me helps me to complete the quilts. I have a few works in progress, but not too many. Mr. G had a wonderful idea for the label of his quilt. He wanted me to use the name tag that had hung over his hook at school last year. I scanned it into the computer and now all I have to do is print it out on the fabric paper. I love when my children get involved with the quilting!

1 comment:

Lucille said...

How very clever of Mr. G. and his Mom. So much love and so many sentiments ... all stitched into this beautiful quilt.
Thank you for sharing it with us. Happy reading and quilting!

All the best,
Lucille