Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm frustrated ...

with myself! I take so much care of things for others, but I don't do it for myself. I was finishing up my Spring Meadow quilt this morning (6:30 am) and I start working at 8:00 am. It was being sent off to the quilter's today and I still had to cut the batting. I was not even going to get it ready at first, because I am going away this weekend and needed to pack. Then I thought that's crazy! I am so close to finishing and of course if it had been anyone else's quilt it would have been already ready. When I put it in the bag to go, I realized that one of the seams had folded over, leaving a little hole. That's when I got really frustrated with myself. I know that it can easily to happen but I have had nothing but headaches for a quilt which should have been easy. It has though I have to make things hard for myself for no apparent reason. I did not give up though, fixed it and now it is ready to go. Quilting teaches you so many lessons about life.

When I got to work I read my horoscope and this is what it said :
Progress may seem slow but it is happening. It simply can't be rushed. Challenge the harsh assessment of your situation by your own critical faculties. Your mood will soon lighten up.

It made a lot of sense to me. This weekend I am going away with my family. We have each chosen one thing which we want to do. I am looking forward to recharging myself and spending time with them.

2 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh it sounds like a super fun weekend, enjoy!

Myra said...

Some days are just like that... where nothing goes right... been there done that! 8-/

Have a good and relaxing time away...