Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spring Blooms Mini-Quilt Swap


Well, I have gotten my partner for the swap. Now I know what it feels like to be on Project Runway Canada! I have a wonderful partner but creating a quilt is going to be harder than I thought. I need to consider her interests, my abilities and what I like to do. I want it to be something she will like, but I also want it to have some of me in it. I have been trying to read the blogs of the other members to get a feel for what they are doing. Some are nervous like me, others know what they are doing, some are already finished and others are trying out different techniques. I do have many ideas but I have not yet decided on which one I will choose. I have not given my partner any preferences which may or may not have been a good thing. If you are my partner I will appreciate anything you make. I like bold bright colours, deep saturated colours and pastels. I have never been into country colours but I am now making 2 quilts with those colours and I really like them. I like the traditional designs and the newer ones. Everything I have seen so far being made I have thought is been wonderful and I wished I have thought of it /owned it. Enjoy your creativity, have fun and surprise me! There are not enough surprises in the world and I normally don't liked to be surprised. I hope that helps! I am going to continue on my search for a great mini-quilt!