Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Puttering Away

I have been puttering away all week. The ideas kept coming last weekend. I woke up and could not get back to sleep on Sunday morning, so I watched a bit of tv, including Quilt in A Day with Eleanor Burns. She was making a quilt with charm packs. I have quite a few charm packs called Tulip Time that I had bought last December. Tulips are my favourite flower. I had tried the disappearing nine patch and I did not like it. I also tried sewing the squares together in a 9 patch to make a square quilt but I was not happy with that either. Her pattern uses 4 patch blocks and other blocks that are highlighted on their own. Immediately, I started unpicking my 9 patches into 4 patches and I like it much better.




I have also been working on my pinwheel quilt. It is such a fun quilt that I keep changing my mind on how I want to put it together. I have to have it finished for Christmas so I better decide soon.

Last week I went out shopping at a craft store to look for gifts to suggest to my mother. While there I saw a ruler that I had not seen before. It helps you make halfsquare triangles and hourglass blocks. I had a 40% off coupon so I bought it. So far, I have used it to size up my pinwheel blocks and I really like it.




 I also got my 2 quilts back from the quilter. I need to have one of them bound for Wednesday so I can take it to my guild meeting.

Hope you are all doing well,

3 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I haven't seen a ruler like that either but it looks like something I could use.

Angela Nash said...

I love to square up! Will have to look for that one!

Myra said...

I look forward to seeing what you are up to with the 4-Patches! 8-)

Interesting new tool! Good for you!