Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

UFO Sightings






After 7 months of almost continuous swapping, I got the urge to go back and work on my UFO's. Some of them were giving me the sad puppy dog looks. Luckily for me, Jacquie of  Tallgrass Prairie Studio had the same thought.  I really enjoyed the Spring to Finish and now she is having the Joy to the New Year Challenge. I have 9 projects that I had hoped to have done by the end of the year.

  1. Bento Box
  2. Kitty Cat quilt top
  3. Label all my quilts (5)
  4. Finish the pinwheel quilt
  5. Complete the winter quilt top
  6. Put together Fresh quilt
  7. Make my Sheri Berry quilt top
  8. Get something made for my friend who is retiring.
  9. Halloween quilt top
Here is what I have done so far:





I am so happy with how the Kitty Cat quilt turned out. It is for my son who really likes it. It is definitely different than what I am used to doing. I love its whismy and the colours.







The bento box is finally put together for my dad and willl be ready to give at Christmas time. The quilt made be a bit modern for him but I love the collection of fabrics. I would love to make one for myself. I am going to have a giveaway soon that will hopefully help you find Joy in the New Year. My 100th post was during the Blogger's Quilt Festival, so I decided to wait until my 111th post.

PS. Though it may seem as though I am contradicting myself by the previous post. The November list is the minimum I need to do. This is my wish list. I am hoping, dream big accomplish lots!


 

4 comments:

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Good luck with the UFO challenge! I have sgned up for a similar challenge, and I find that it gives me the extra motivation I need to dig out and work on lots of once-so-interesting-then-forgotten projects.
Thanks for leaving a comment on my entry to the Blogger's Quilt Festival; glad to know I was not the only one who did not make it through the whole list during one week:-)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i joined too... and claimed 14.. i have more but i'm only admitting to 14 at this point.

CitricSugar said...

Keep plugging away at it - the results are fantastic!

I love that bento...

Myra said...

Good for you Michelle! Your quilt tops look great!
I have the Bento Box on my wish list... Some day... 8-)
Happy stitchings!