Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

B is for ..

  1. Plan B

Well, I was making my School's out quilt I had shown it to a friend who really liked it. When I had to go to my Plan B for the quilt. I had a lot of blocks left over so I decided to make him a placemat. I gave it to him yesterday and he was very pleased with it.


I got inspired by Penny's quilt as you go tutorials so I decided to try it out with the placemat. I really liked it. I did do a bit of quilting after the block was put together as well.

2. Butterfly Blooms

I ended up giving myself half a day off last Thursday before I started on a new project.




This is a kit that I bought from Crazy4Quilts that I have had for a couple of years. I got the cutting all done for it and am looking forward to putting it together. It is going to be for my niece.


3. Birthday

Today is my son's birthday. I love him so much and I am so proud of him. He has taught me so much.

7 comments:

Terry said...

That butterfly blooms quilt is going to be beautiful! :0)

Lee D said...

B is also for beautiful and that is what our weather is going to be today...sunny & warm...finally! Can't wait to see the butterfly quilt. I want to get sewing but have three sleeping beauties in my basement! argh

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Happy "b" irthday to you son, hope it is wonderful!!

Barb said...

Happy birthday to your son!!

What a cute placemat!

Angela Nash said...

Happy happy birthday to him!!!

Myra said...

Happy birthday to the birthday-boy!!

Your Plan B quilt and place-mat are great Michelle! Looking forward to seeing your Butterfly Blooms grow...

Nanette Merrill said...

Belated wishes to your son.