Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fabric Frolic

If it was affordable, I would buy one piece of fabric at a time, so I would have fabric arriving more often. However, I am happy to have a nice big juicy package waiting for me when I get home.All of the fabric came from Hawthorne Threads.









I had previously bought the blue Castle Peeps fq bundle but they were out of the out colours at the time. Now, I have them and I can't wait to make something with them. I have a few ideas. I definitely want something simple and big that will show off the amazing fabric.







I had started working on my cameo quilt, but stopped because I was a bit unhappy with the fabric choices I had. I wanted to spice it up a bit and they had an Eden fq set which will nicely fit in with the other colours. Now I can start to work on it again.






I got this for my nephew's quilt. With the extra fabric left from my sister's quilt I cut up 5 inch squares. I have a pattern in mind.






Finally, I bought a Fresh Scrap pack. These pieces are so huge, somehow I can't seem to think of them as scraps. I am thrilled with all of them, and the green is going to go wonderfully with my cameo quilt.

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Very pretty fabrics! Any special plans?

Barb said...

Ohhhh such pretty fabrics.....I had to go and get a dephibibulator (didn't spell it right), my heart stopped a few times.

Terry said...

Great fabrics! I'm making big pinwheels out of a layer cake! They're huge but they really show off the fabrics, which is just what I wanted! Look forward to seeing your projects! :0)

Angela Nash said...

What a wonderful stack of fabrics! I want those owls from your scrap pack- I haven't bought any of those yet.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Such great fabrics! What will you be creating?

Ariane said...

You bought some wonderful fabric!!! Love it!! Can I come shopping at your house???

Nanette Merrill said...

Really cute fabric. That castle fabric is darling.