Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Visions of sugar plums dancing in my head ...


I am sure I will have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head once I am done and cuddled under this quilt.  This was my summer project. It was the Star Sampler Quilt Along by Bradie Sparrow of QuiltCetera. It was a fun quilt to do and came together so quickly. There was a medallion star in the middle in the original pattern but I changed it because I wanted to showcase some of the novelty fabrics. I love this quilt so much. I was unsure at first with the colours but I am very happy with how it has turned out and my decision to make myself a quilt for Christmas. Now, I just need to add the borders and it will be ready for the quilter's. Getting it back will be like Christmas morning for me!

9 comments:

Terry said...

Your quilt top is so pretty! The colors look yummy! :0)

Riel Nason said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! I love that Sheri Berry fabric and you've really picked the perfect design to show it off. I really like the little deer in the square at the lower left!

Manda said...

Beautiful top :)

Ariane said...

I really love this one. It is gorgeous!!! You will really enjoy having this one for Christmas. Love it!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh there is that quilt that I am sooooo in LOVE with!! You did such a great job!

MiSala said...

Very pretty, beautiful top and it is very bright...
Good weekend and good sewing!!!

Myra said...

A great turn out of blocks! Love the fabrics!! I look forward to seeing it with the borders... 8-)

Nanette Merrill said...

It is really wonderful. You've done a fantastic job.

Andrea said...

That's such a complicated looking quilt top...the colours are really pretty. (bradie is fabulous too) Hope all is going well!!!