Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What the heart wants ...


What I was really hoping this year was to get four quilts done for Christmas for my family. I got sidetracked in the summer by a couple of great quilt alongs. Then I also decided to make some quilts for my friend's daughters. Last weekend with the fast process of my sister's quilt in my head, I decided to start working on my niece's quilt.  All the pieces were already cut out which made it faster and I was making butterfly's for her, so I was not going to be changing my mind a million times like I normally do. This is the first time ever that I completely chain pieced all the sections of a quilt. It was neat and pretty fast. Usually I make a few blocks at a time so I don't lose any pieces.





Here are a few of the blocks as they are progressing along. I have also never used a black background before. I really like it and my points are turning out really well.







 

At the end of the day, I realized that I was not going to get all of it done that I wanted. I already pretty much knew this. I decided to focus on my sister's and brother's quilt and to make my summer worthwhile finish my Christmas Star Sampler Quilt. The heart is good, because there is always hope.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Those blocks are just so wonderful....what an amazing quilt this will be.

Unknown said...

oh i love the idea of the black background behind these vibrant colours! Can't wait to see more!

Jeannette said...

Snazzy with the black for sure...you are so ambitious...don't get too tired pushing.

Tilburysindenmark said...

These look nice blooks,lookng forward to seeing more.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The purple and black blocks are just stunning!