Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Mug Rug



I finished my very 1st mug rug this week for my friend. I used some of my leftover colour block swap squares to make it. It was fun to make. In my huge ;-) attempt at machine quilting I put in an o and a x into the middle squares. I keep saying that I will do more machine quilting but I have to admit that after I spend all the time piecing a quilt I want it to be the best machine quilting it can possibly be, and that is not mine. I still have a few more of the colour blocks so I am going to make another mug rug for myself.




I have once again joined up for the Friday Night Sew-In. I am hoping to get a finish and start on my Bee Blocks. I don't know if it is imagined or not but there is definitely an energy I feel when I know so many people are sewing along with me. It is pretty neat!