Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday - Close to Christmas




I thought long and hard about having quilts done for Christmas. With one of them being so close to done, I decided to push on and get my nephew's done too. Next year is my guild's quilt show and pretty soon I have to start working on quilts for that. At least for those quilts, I do have all the fabric and the pattern picked out. I was not happy with my nephew's quilt, even though I tried a couple of different ways to make it. I realized that I need a lighter blue to make it better, which I found in my stash. Luckily for me too, I had at least a hundred of the most versatile blocks known to quilter's ; the half square triangle. I have decided to a zigzag quilt and the lighter blue will definitely add something to it, once I have those triangles done. For me the longest part of quilting is deciding on fabric and design. Once that is done, it is sew, sew, sew much easier. :-) Check out what others have created for Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Brita said...

Love the September UFO colors! Congrats on getting two Christmas quilts done :-) Doesn't that feel good!!!

Barb said...

What a fun quilt....

Jandi said...

I love zig zag quilts. I'm adding one to my to do list....which means I might get to it sometime this decade.

Jitka said...

What a nice quilt top. I´m just thinking about this pattern for my next bed quilt. I will use all colours from my scrap and white.