Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Quilt with an Attitude

 I had the day off today to get some housework done, and some quilting. I thought I might start on my UFO for October, which is my Snowman quilt. I took out the pieces, went through the instructions and realized I had a backing that would be perfect for it.







All of a sudden, I heard some yelling coming from my ironing table. It was the Spool quilt, saying "Don't forget about me! Remember you promised to have me finished ASAP?!" I turned to look at it and it had the saddest little face, kind of like the one my daughter gives me sometimes. I could not say no, so I got to work on it finished the last of the spools and got the sashing finished. Here is what it looks like now.



I was happy to heed the call and glad that the quilt is keeping me on the straight and narrow path.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Aw shucks the voice of reason! LOL

Your spool quilt is fabulous - you'll be thrilled when it's finished.

Barb said...

Two wonderful quilts to work on....hope you were able to make good use of your day off!

Terry said...

Your spools look wonderful with the sashing and cornerstones! I'm definitely making mine that way! :0)