Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Design Wall Monday - Briar Rose




I am really hoping to get a lot of my PHD's this summer, but at the same time I keep finding wonderful new projects I want to make. I worked on this project over the weekend, and I am almost ready to start putting the blocks together. It is so bright and cherry which I love for the Spring time. I have not been too good so far, on working ahead on quilts that feel seasonal. When it is autumn, I love to work on fall quilts and when it is winter, I love to work on Christmas quilts. Maybe one day that will change. I am reaching a stage too, where I am making more quilts for myself and I have to say I am really enjoying it. I am very excited too that next week is my guild's quilt show. For the first time we are having a children's section, and my daughter has entered a quilt into the show. She is a veteran of attending quilt shows, so she knows all about the viewer's choice voting. She has made me promise to vote for hers as my favourite which of course I will do!


Linking to Design Wall Monday!

3 comments:

Churn Dash said...

I love the contrast between the 16 patches and the x blocks. This is going to be a lovely quilt.

Helen

Kate said...

Very bright and fun!

Ariane said...

I love your blocks! I recognize some of these fabrics. Very nice!